Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Children’s Consignment Sale / Event?
A children’s consignment sale is an organized event where anyone can sell their new or gently used children's/maternity clothing, toys, baby and children's equipment, books, video, nursery furniture, etc. It is also a great way for anyone, whether they have items to sell or not, can buy quality children's or maternity items at great prices.
Do I have to set up a table at the sale and run it myself? Who can participate?
No, you do not set up a table or booth to consign. You do not even have to be there at all on the day of the sale. The sale is run just like a traditional store would. You will bring your items ahead of time and they will be grouped with similar items (not a table per consignor). Anyone can consign and there is no minimum amount of items when selling.
What items will be accepted to consign?
In season (Spring/Summer at the Spring sale, Fall/Winter at the Fall sale) childrens and maternity clothes and accessories (no women or mens). Baby equipment, Baby Care, Toys,
Can my organization do a fundraiser with you?!
Yes! Register your organization as a consignor with one number assigned to your organization. Collect, price and tag the items from your group and enter them on-line. Drop them off at your sceduled time. Your organization will get 60% of the price of your items that sell. You will receive a check made out to your organization within 2 weeks of the sale.
Are there restrictions?
Items should be in-season (Spring/Summer at the Spring sale, Fall/Winter at the Fall sale!), clean, and in new or gently used condition (no stains, tears, or excessive fading or piling). Please follow this LINK
to find out what other items must be restricted. No cribs, car seats, used mattresses. Infant clothing size Newborn to12 months are limited to 35 pieces total.
What about recalls and lead-content?
What are the benefits of consigning / shopping?
· Money - You can make up to 75% on your sales - much more than at traditional tag sales/garage sales or at traditional consignment or resale shops. And you will get great deals shopping!
· Pre-Sale Shopping - Consignors and volunteers get the best quality and name brand merchandise by shopping prior to the public sale.
· Reusing / Recycling - We all help our environment when we keep what we can out of landfills. Also secondhand items are often safer in that they no longer emit the "fumes" that new plastic and paint do.
· Charity - Unsold items can be donated to local charities.
· Fun - Spend time with your friends and meet other parents in the area!
What Supplies will I need to consign?
· Hangers- Plastic or wire hangers (child size ones for anything size 5 and below).
· Safety pins- Larger size to pin on the tag.
· Zip-lock bags- Various sizes depending on what you are putting in them. You may need the large 2-gallon ones.
· Clear packing tape or blue painters tape. The blue tape is easier to remove and leaves less damage to items.
· White 60-67# Card Stock for Tags- Please do not use regular paper as the tags can rip and fall off.
Tagging Gun - To be used on seems and tags only! Please do not tag directly through the fabric.
How do I know what price to put on items?
Please check our link on the "How to Sell" page for our "Pricing Guide." Ask yourself “What would I pay this?” Consider marking your item $2, so on Sunday it will be featured on our $1 rack.
What happens to my unsold items?
You will have the choice whether or not your items are in the half price sale on Sunday of the sale. You will also decide if they will be donated should they not sell. If you choose not to donate, you can pick your items up on Sunday after the sale.
Where will unsold items be donated if I do not pick up?
Unsold items will be donated to charities such as local thrifts who give back on a community level, to local foster families and other groups in need. At this time, we can not offer tax-deductible receipts.
How do I become a volunteer and what are the benefits?
When you are registering, click on "Volunteer" and sign up for 1-3 three-hour shifts. Each shift worked can gain you 5% more in profit up to 75%. Volunteers also can shop our presale first!
What other ways can I help?
Please spread the word to everyone you know about the sale! The more people know about it, the better the sale is for everyone. Also any connections you may have as far as advertising, supplies, operations, etc., please let us know. We would love to barter with you!
How do I get to shop at the pre-sale?
Volunteers, consignors as well as local Mom's groups that register with us and share our information. You can also make a donation to recieve a pass for entry and the proceeds will go to a local charity.
Are you interested in becoming a Vendor?
Please click on our link on the How to Sell page to find out more information. Vendor spaces are limited!!
Feel free to call or email with any question you do not see an answer to here! 860-350-6260 or firstname.lastname@example.org